For many small business owners, a social media marketing strategy seems like another item on a never-ending to-do list for small business owners. But for clients and customers, small business social media is one of the most effective strategies to care for current customers and clients, remind them of your business over time, and generate increased revenue.
Here are 6 steps to creating a social media marketing strategy for small businesses.
- Create a brand. Brand identity includes logos, typography, colors, packaging, and messaging, and it complements and reinforces the existing reputation of a company. This brand must carry over from your website and design to your messaging, post captions, blogs, emails, and all online social media. Spend time knowing and understanding your brand to communicate it clearly to your audience online.
- Identify your target audience. Know exactly what demographic is your ideal client or customer. Are you targetting 40-year-old mothers with an $80,000 household income? Millennials who just graduated college with student debt? Knowing your audience is imperative to know what kind of content to create. Ensure you have a descriptive customer persona to better reach your audience.
- Spend time on the platforms your audience is on. Because there are so many social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Periscope, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Instead of mastering every platform, do some research, and invest the most time on the platforms your target audience is on.
- Create content that converts. Creating valuable content through blogs, social media posts, and videos are not only a great way to serve your audience but also a way to convert followers to customers. Instead of posting to sell, post about your brand in a way that engages and delights your audience, or outsource your social media to an agency that can help.
- Engage with your audience. Commenting on your posts, responding to customers, sending them emails, and messaging them on Facebook are great ways to respond and engage your audience, and show that you’re there. Social media monitoring is a way to listen to your customers and ensure you’re adapting to their needs.
- Post consistently. Social media growth doesn’t happen overnight, so it is crucial to stay consistent. Ensure you are planning and scheduling your social media posts to have a consistent plan in place to better reach your customers.
Ready to get started, but don’t know where to begin? We can help. Schedule a complimentary discovery call today to help identify the best social media marketing strategy to move forward and grow your business.