So you’ve probably wondered, what makes an agency an agency? When do I know I need one? And how do I know which one is right for me? We hear these questions all the time and it’s not as simple of an answer as you may think. We’re here to provide you with a bit of clarity. We can’t tell you about every agency or client situation, but we can give you some understanding on when you should hire us.
First, if you’re thinking about hiring an agency, congratulations. This is a big decision and we’re thankful you’ve come to us for some advice. Outsourcing your marketing, advertising, and social media is a step of growth in your long-term business endeavors.
Some questions you may ask yourself before you sign a contract…
- What is an agency?
- Agencies are a team. They are comprised of professionals in each offered service. Working together as one, don’t let the power of each individual be overshadowed. Collaboration provides an extra level of understanding within the agency. For clients, agencies give access to a group of professionals who are working together towards a common goal.
- Have they worked with similar companies in your industry?
- At It Media, we work with a wide variety of clients. From roofing to online scrapbooking, nearly nothing is off-limits for us. We take pride in understanding your brand and representing you in a professional and personal way.
- How often do you want to be in contact with them?
- The answer to this question often varies depending on the service and client. Of course, some clients require a bit more TLC than others. Here’s what we have to say. Communication is at the forefront of client success. This is a two-way street and must remain this way to work in both parties’ favor. We will always be upfront with you, so we expect the same. We aren’t here to babysit and we won’t be holding hands because, well, ours are busy working for you.
- How are you going to be charged?
- This information is proprietary, but something you should take into consideration if you aren’t sure if you need an agency or individual contractor. There are many factors which contribute to our client’s contracts…keyword, contracts. Remember you typically pay for what you get and when you’re paying for an agency’s services you’re getting a team of professionals and you’ll likely see that reflected in the pricing.
Do your research and learn as much about your business as possible before seeking the services of an agency. Know the services you need based on your prior experiences and know the services offered by the agency of your interest. If you’re having trouble deciding, you likely need more information. The more work you put into the front end of hiring an agency, the less overwhelming it will feel as we get the ball rolling.
For more information about It Media, visit our website, follow us on social media and read our blogs. We have so much to offer you, but only if you want it.